So, I started to attempt my first lot of prints on Saturday.
After I'd taken all the necessary screws out for a de-rusting and grease up, I was ready to go.
It was all really exciting. My chase was set up, as best as it could be for my first ever attempt and my ink was at hand. Until I realised that I didn't have a hand ink roller. It took a while to spread the ink with the rollers on my Adana and manually turning the ink plate.
I got there eventually.
I lifted the handle up too see my wood type inked up for the first time, slid in my paper and pushed the handle down.
Not too good.....!! I wasn't expecting miracles but I wasn't prepared for how frustrating it is to keep adjusting the impression screws!
This was the best impression I got. Considering that it was also on textured paper. I was basically just wanting to try it out. I had a better impression on this stock than I did on a plain stock.
The design is for my girlfriend, a thank you for buying me the letterpress and letting me carry out my dream/passion.
Of course, she gets the first print!!